Friday, May 10, 2013

Letter from Cary Shineldecker

This letter was sent to the Mason County Commissioners and Planning Commission Members:

Today May 7, 2013 – Turbine #14 paused at approximately 6:54 a.m. just before flicker impacted our residence.

As I sat eating my breakfast enjoying the sunrise, I watched as the sun rose into the path of the turbine.

I could watch the shadows moving closer to our home from the south and into the edge of our yard.

Just before the shadow flicker hit our home, the turbine was paused.

Since 8/22/2012 I have been insisting that our home will be over the limit set by Mason County Zoning.

Since the turbines began commercial operation on Thanksgiving day, I have had to make notes, keep records, video, file complaints and live with the impacts from Consumers Energy’s ill-designed flicker detection system.  I have also had to deal with the rhetoric and denials from Consumers Energy and their lack of responsiveness to these impacts.  I have been bad mouthed in the public from people who do not understand what it is to unwillingly be sacrificed for someone else’s FOR PROFIT business.

I have sacrificed countless hours to document and report these impacts and ordinance violations.  While each person I interface with regarding this issue is being paid and makes a living dealing with this, I have lost time, energy, and considerable wages to perform operational compliance testing which Mason County and Consumers Energy has not done, nor had intended to do.

As I write this letter of correspondence this morning regarding this issue, I am already again late for work, yet another morning, thus sacrificing income.

What an unnecessary waste of time, energy, and life for me.   I cannot express what has been lost in our lives because of this project.  Sleepless nights, stress, loss of enjoyment of our home and property, total loss of enjoyment of life at many times, health impacts, loss of friendships and neighbor relations, etc.

This project not only has negatively impacted me in a physical sense but a psychological sense that will now be with me for the rest of my life.  Even when we are able to leave this house, that used to be our home, we will carry the distrust for those involved and those that believe sacrificing our lives for someone else's profit was and is justifiable.

I now hope and pray that someday, each one of you has the chance to experience this sense of loss that comes with having someone else take your home from you.

I know many of you are faithful followers.  Please take time to pause and pray for yourselves and those you impact with the decisions you make.

Very Sincerely,

Cary Shineldecker